HR, Benefits, Workers Comp and Payroll Coordinator
Wojan Window & Door is a manufacturer of custom commercial aluminum windows and doors for the nationwide marketplace.
Our workforce is comprised of 80-90 employees in two locations in positions ranging from production associates to administrative professionals in a variety of departments, including a small group working remote.
This HR position handles hiring, benefits administration, employee relations, payroll processing, workers comp administration, and safety compliance. All responsibilities include both our Charlevoix and Coldwater locations.
- Write/edit and place job ads for all positions
- Interview and hire for Production positions in Charlevoix
- Screen and make introductions for all candidates Charlevoix and Coldwater
- Meet with new employees and assist them with new hire paperwork
- Keep employee handbook, HR documents, and employee records up to date
- Address employee issues alongside supervisors and managers
- Maintain consistency in HR policies and communications between our Charlevoix and Coldwater locations
- Administer our benefits program for the entire company in partnership with our broker and by utilizing the online platform Employee Navigator
- 401(k) administration with Empower Retirement
- Pull monthly invoices and complete annual compliance materials for various benefit providers
- Handle employment verifications as well as requests from DHS, FOC, and UIA
- Liaise with temp agencies, Michigan Works, and Char-Em ISD as needed for the purposes of recruitment and participation in community events
- Organize and execute company events
- Maintain and boost morale through expanded employee relations and feedback
- Communicate news about personnel and company-sponsored events
- Act as administrator and main poster for the company Facebook page
- Other administrative duties as needed
- Maintain ADP payroll software for weekly payroll processing
- Process weekly payroll
- Facilitate actions required for workers comp injuries and any subsequent claims
- Form and lead Safety Teams for both Charlevoix and Coldwater
A central requirement of this HR position is the ability to communicate effectively and thoughtfully with employees at all levels of the company so candidates should have strong interpersonal and communication skills. Candidates should also be strong in Microsoft Excel and Word, with knowledge of other Microsoft 365 applications a plus.
Wojan Window and Door is a respected commercial window and door manufacturer. For qualifying individuals, we offer high-quality Blue Cross health insurance, a 401(k) with a generous company match, PTO, and schedule flexibility as well as a selection of other voluntary benefits.
Wojan has been headquartered in Charlevoix and family-owned for over 70 years and offers a stable long-term employment opportunity.
Interested candidates can submit a resume online.