Senior Services Assistant - Charlevoix Senior Center and the East Jordan Senior Center
Charlevoix County Commission on Aging is seeking a part time Senior Services Assistant for each of the Charlevoix Senior Center and the East Jordan Senior Centers. This position is Monday through Friday, between 8a-1:30p for 25 hours a week, start & end time dependent upon need. No weekends. Holidays off would include New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Friday following Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
No experience necessary but the right person needs have a positive perspective and love to work with seniors, and for seniors, on an independent basis. They should be outgoing, dependable, flexible and have effective communication skills. Starting pay is $14.05 an hour and no benefits are provided. Mileage will be paid if a Fleet of County vehicle is unavailable. Applications are available for download from the Charlevoix County website “Employment Opportunities” page, either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via mail to: Human Resources, 301 State St., Charlevoix, MI 49720. Charlevoix County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more detail please see the below job description
Part-Time Senior Services Assistant
The Senior Services Assistant functions as the back-up transportation resource for the Home Delivered Meal program, kitchen assistant and back up Site Coordinator on behalf of the Commission on Aging and reports to the Food Service Manager and Assistant Director of the Commission on Aging. The incumbent is responsible in assisting the Commission on Aging in providing a successful nutrition program including Home Delivered Meals and the Senior Picnic meal for the Commission on Aging and is responsible for the day-to-day kitchen assistance, back-up delivery of Home Delivered Meals and back-up Site Coordination of the senior center.
Key Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Be dependable with work schedule as assigned. Assist with Special Events, and the Annual Senior Picnic.
- Attend staff meetings, Cook's trainings, CPR, and other in-service trainings as appropriate.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with senior citizens, co-workers, and office staff.
- Assist in the preparation and package the Home Delivered Meals for delivery daily.
- Make sure all stock is rotated with older to the front and newer to the back as orders come in.
- Assist with greeting, supervision and safety of senior participants at the meal site.
- Assist in keeping the kitchen and equipment clean and in good working condition.
- Assist with set up and cleaning of the salad bars.
- Assist with
- Wrapping Bread; Put fruit and soup in cups; Wrap Silverware; Baking cookies, etc.
- Picking up food or supplies as necessary.
- Washing dishes as necessary.
- Report any malfunctioning equipment to the Food Services Manager or Assistant Director immediately.
- Assist Cooks and the Food Services Manager with inventory of food supplies on a regular basis. This will be done by Cooks/Chefs on a semi-annual basis and by the Food Service Manager on an alternating semi-annual basis for a total of quarterly inventories. Inventory includes: Pantry Inventory; Refrigerator Inventory; Freezer Inventory and Specialty Inventory.
- Demonstrate proper hand washing techniques, knowledge of universal precautions and clean food handling.
- Food Service Manager, Assistant Director and /or Director will complete the evaluations.
- Assist with any other tasks asked by the Food Service Manager, Assistant Director and /or Director to make sure meals are provided safely.
- If a Home Delivered Meals vehicle or fleet vehicle is unavailable, provide own vehicle to deliver Charlevoix home delivered meals.
- Submit copy of driver’s license, vehicle registration, and proof of insurance, initially, and then whenever a change in your vehicle or insurance changes.
- Report to the pick-up point, daily/as scheduled, at the time determined by COA, this time frame must be strictly adhered to.
- Pick up meals and transport in containers provided by COA adhering to all ServSafe requirements.
- Deliver meals using the most expeditious route(s).
- All meals that are not deliverable must be returned to the point of origin and these must be reported to the COA Office at (231) 237-0103 so that a follow up call can be made to the client or emergency contact.
- There is to be no smoking within the vehicles.
- Complete required paperwork with route sheets
- Read and understand the COA policy VIII (11) regarding delivery of meals.
Back-up Site Coordinator
· Assist as back up when there is no Site Coordinator on site as meal host and activity facilitator.
· Assist with meal site statistics required for Commission on Aging reimbursement, accurate meal counts, temperature logs, make change, process deposits.
· Assist with cleaning and safety/cleanliness checks of senior center to ensure proper functioning of the senior center.
- Individual with a track record of providing high quality customer service.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds.
- Have a valid Driver’s License and current Automobile Insurance.
- Individual with a sound understanding of the Commission’s programs and the needs of our clients and our aging community.
- Team builder who promotes effective teams.
- Great communicator and listener, quick and clear thinker, calm under pressure.
- Intermediate user of computer applications in order to maximize performance processes.
- Strong collaborator to help achieve commission goals.
Knowledge and Skills
Road Safety & Food Safety
Oral & Written communication.
Decision making & problem solving.
Leadership, Planning and organization.
Interpersonal sensitivity & Flexibility.