Food Services Director
1. Oversee and coordinate the daily operation of the district's food service program, including the daily cash flow.
2. Monitor food production & service to assure that menus are followed and that substitutions comply with meal requirements.
3. Maintain full production records on all meals.
4. Provide on-the-job training to staff in areas of food production, sanitation, computerized cash registers, etc.
5. Supervise, hire, evaluate and discipline employees.
6. Plan menus that conform to federal regulations and provide nutritional and appetizing foods utilizing USDA commodities.
7. Work with the Superintendent and Business Manager to prepare an annual food service budget.
8. Audit and approve employee time sheets.
9. Develop and prepare all reports for the Michigan Department of Education.
10. Take a monthly physical inventory of all food products and supplies.
11. Monitor the use of, inventory and ordering of USDA commodities.
12. Process and approve all applications for free and reduced lunches and keep records current for state audits.
13. Coordinate food purchases, preparation and personnel for special events.
14. Order all daily and special foods from vendors.
15. Process all accounts payable information weekly.
16. Plan and implement work schedules and recommend changes in staffing levels.
17. Promote student satisfaction by merchandising and serving meals in an attractive manner.
18. Assure sanitation and safety procedures in all phases of the food service operation.
19. Assess food service equipment needs.
20. Assist in other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Must have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
1. Experience in food services setting, supervisory experience preferred.
2. Experience with financials, including but not limited to, budgets and cash flow.
3. An understanding of the Michigan local, state and federal regulations preferred.
4. High school diploma
5. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive demeanor.
Reports To: Superintendent
Beginning Date: 2022-2023 School Year
Salary & Benefits: Commensurate
Application Deadline: Until filled
Send Credentials To: Submit applications via www.rayder.net (district tab/employment info)
Questions may be directed to Mike Ritter (email@example.com)