Northern Michigan Escapes
We are looking for a thorough Maintenance Technician to undertake the responsibility to preserve the good condition and functionality of properties. The ideal candidate will be able to manage a fast-paced schedule working independently and responsibly, while observing all health and safety guidelines. Candidate must be able to perform maintenance tasks of great variety such as painting, drywalling, general maintenance, etc.
• Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
• Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.)
• Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, etc.)
• Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality.
• Monitor and maintain hot tub systems for multiple properties.
• Perform manual repairs (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
• Minimum 1-2 year experience as a maintenance technician
• Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic, and other systems
• Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
• Working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices
• Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
• Experience with plowing and operating lawn equipment is ideal.
• Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime.
• High school diploma or equivalent; Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus.
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Temperature screenings
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
• Initial interview may be remote via Zoom and secondary interview in person following social distancing guidelines.
Typical start time: 8AM
Typical end time: 5PM
This Job Is:
• A job for which military-experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
• Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma